North High School Robotics Expansion
Vrana served as the general contractor for an expansion and remodel of the current robotics classrooms at Omaha North High School. The project included all new AV equipment, lighting and display cases for robotics awards. A new nano wall and robotics arena was included in the expansion.
- Existing robotics space on lower level was renovated into a classroom to support the adjacent advanced machining lab
- Existing nutrition and clothing classrooms on the first floor were renovated into an expanded robotics space
- Existing solid wall containing lockers were removed and replaced with display cases allowing for the robotics space to be visible from the hallway
- LED light sources are used due to energy efficiency also reducing maintenance
- Linear industrial lighting was used to complement the architectural aesthetic
- Existing HVAC, fire alarm, intercom and clock system equipment was reused to accommodate the new layout