The building was constructed over an 18-month period and replaced the old school that was originally built in 1958. The architect of the new school was Alley Poyner Macchietto, and Vrana construction was the company in charge of building it. The building is 54,000 SF opened just in time for the school year to start, as was planned.
new building was constructed with the theme of nature in mind. The walls of various commons areas and hallways are decorated with woodland animals, and large windows are found throughout the building and most classrooms to provide natural light.